Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hi-Tech Psalm

The Lord is my programmer, I shall not crash. He installed His software on the hard disk of my heart; all of His commands are user-friendly.

His directory guides me to the right choices for His name's sake. Even though I scroll through the problems of life, I will fear no bugs, for He is my backup.

His password protects me. He prepares a menu before me in the presence of my enemies. His help is only a keystroke away.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and my file will be merged with His and saved forever!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect translation. This captures the intention without changing it a dot or a tittle. Paul traveled extensively during his ministry. When he spoke the language of the country into which he went , it wasn't his intention to change the message that he carried . IT WAS THAT HIS MESSAGE WOULD BE UNDERSTOOD BY THOSE HE TOOK IT TO> When i was a child i thought as a child and to me the Psalm gave the wrong message right off the bat. The Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want. As i grew into an understanding , i understood the intention was that i would have no wants that were not attended to . This is a good way to speak to a drastically changed society . The Lord never changes , but we all need to be able to identify the intention of the words we are to live by.

    ReplyDelete