Thursday, October 8, 2009

Excuses For Not Going To Church

Everybody has a good excuse for not attending church. If you take those excuses and apply them to other things that we do (or don't do), like eating, they might look like this:

I never eat anymore because...
  1. I was forced to eat as a child.
  2. People who eat all the time are hypocrites -- they aren't really hungry!
  3. There are so many different kinds of food, I can't decide what to eat.
  4. I used to eat, but I got bored and stopped.
  5. I only eat on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
  6. None of my friends will eat with me.
  7. I'll start eating when I get older.
  8. I don't really have time to eat.
  9. I don't believe that eating does anybody any good. It's just a crutch.
  10. Restaurants and grocery stores are only after your money.
Giving an excuse for not attending church or for not getting involved in a ministry is just as silly as giving up eating. Church attendance for the Christian is as important as regular, balanced meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment